Friday, March 12, 2010

Greek Love.

It's not often I do this, because I'm more prone to being sarcastic and cynical about TV shows, about the lack of diversity, the annoying characters, the boring plotlines, blah blah. Because what fun is a blog if all I do is say nice things?

But I want to take a moment here to say how much I love Greek. It's campy, it's fun, it's funny. I want to live in the world of Cappie and Casey & Co. A world where it never rains (as Cappie pointed out in a recent episode: "The weather [here] never seems to change"), where college professors are quirky, where grades never seem to matter, where sorority houses worship stuffed pink cats named Mr. Purrs-a-lot.

The characters feel like family. I want Casey to be my sister. I want Ashley to be my friend. Cappie and Calvin as my brothers. Rusty, of course, would be the creepy uncle to stay away from.

You guys know that song by Mr. Big, "To Be With You"? It's really popular at karaoke bars. Anyway, the song will forever be tied to Greek for me, not only because it was featured in an episode last year, but also because of its nostalgic flavor, the sense of longing I feel when I listen to it. It's like your high school graduation song. You'll remember it forever.

Greek's next season will be its last. But I'm not ready for the Greek gang to graduate. I'm not ready to say goodbye.

Is it me, or did this blogpost suddenly take a turn for the depressing? Anywho. I don't want to say goodbye to Greek. So for right now, I'll just enjoy the show while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment