Friday, March 19, 2010

What's Basketball Got To Do With It (This Blog)?

Right now, NCAA March Madness is everywhere. Everywhere, that is, except my living room.

Seems like everyone and their mother is doing a bracket. I went to look it up on cbssports.com, not because I was interested in creating one, but because I wanted to see if my alma mater (Syracuse) was in the playoffs. I am a lousy alum, by the way.

This is how clueless I am about NCAA brackets. To find my school, I first checked in the northeast quadrant of the bracket. Because Syracuse is in the northeast part of the country. Logical, right? Wrong. I couldn't find it. So I checked the other quadrants, just in case. I finally found 'Cuse in the southwest quadrant. Huh???

Where am I going with all this? Well, thanks to March Madness, CBS preempted Survivor last night. This was the first Thursday since the premiere that a) I was actually home to watch it and b) it did not conflict with an American Idol results show. I was really excited to see Survivor live. Especially because a couple of weeks back, I found out Cirie got kicked off before I got to see the episode. Gah.

In the end, I had a very enjoyable evening with my cat, a bowl of penne tossed with olive oil and garlic salt and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, and the ladies of The View (the fiancé was at a lab meeting). But still, I missed Survivor. And there's not going to be a new episode until next Wednesday.

I guess in the meantime, I'll actually watch some basketball. Syracuse plays Vermont at 9PM tonight. Go Orange!!!

By the way, that's a picture of our mascot, Otto the Orange. Yes, an orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment