Wednesday, January 27, 2010

American Idol: All Sass, No Class.

Talk about terrible guest-judging on American Idol! I have been watching this show for nine seasons, and I do not recall two guest judges more obnoxious and bratty than Avril Lavigne and Katy Perry.

First of all, why is Avril Lavigne a judge? What has she done lately? Also, she's my age (25). I think some of the contestants who auditioned were older than her. I don't know about you, but if I lined up for hours to audition for a singing show, the last thing I'd want is Avril giggling at me like a 15-year-old at the mall.

Also, she showed up wearing a hoodie with devil ears and lots of makeup and black nail polish. This isn't one of your sk8t3r b0i concerts, Avril. At least put the dang hoodie down.

Next up, Katy Perry. She, too, is my age. Now, my complaint about her isn't her fashion or lack of industry experience. No, my complaint is her complete lack of a soul. Yes, I am aware she's a preacher's kid and I just said she has no soul. Allow me to explain. The last audition of the day was this guy Chris Golightly, a 25-year-old guy who grew up in the foster care system. He said he lived in at least 25 homes. When he opened his mouth to sing "Stand By Me," I started sobbing. All I could picture was him singing to the parents he never had but wished he had.

And you know what Katy's response to him was? "I understand where you're coming from..." Huh??? Katy, nuclear family. Chris, foster home of the week. Yeah, I don't see it. And then when Kara said she loved his audition, Katy had this gem: "This is not a Lifetime movie, sweetheart. You have to have talent." Because Katy Perry knows all about talent.

Not to mention Katy threatening to dump her Coke in Kara's face at one point. It's always nice when you're invited to be a GUEST JUDGE on someone else's show and you think it's okay to say something like that.

All I can say is, I am so ready for Ellen DeGeneres to join this show. Talented, funny, kind, and dresses well. Avril who?

No comments:

Post a Comment