Tuesday, October 6, 2009

10 Things I Love About You

What is an addiction, in TV terms? It's a show you have to watch every single episode of as fast as you can because they are just. too. good.

Now some shows, you need a weeklong break between. I'm looking at you, Mad Men.

Other shows, you don't NEED that break, but you also don't mind waiting a week. This is true of every show on TV except for Big Brother.

However, unlike Big Brother, ABC Family's 10 Things I Hate About You does not make me feel like humanity is going down the toilet. Actually, it is a very funny, sharply written show with some very likable characters. I can't decide who I like more: Kat, who's smart and political and can fix a car with instructions she printed off the internet. Or Bianca, who's sorta dumb but in a not-dumb way. Or the dumb male model, who's actually dumb. I also like the overprotective dad, the not-gay friend Cameron, who's hopelessly in love with Bianca, and Patrick Verona, who looks and sounds absurdly old for a high schooler (for the record, he's 23 in real life).

I just watched 5 episodes in a row of 10 Things, and paused from my mini-marathon only to tell you how great this show is. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going back in. Withdrawal hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment