Thursday, October 29, 2009

24 Has a Premiere Date. Get Excited!

Today I saw the trailer for my favorite shoot-out drama, 24. I watched it on mute because I was at work, but I don't think I missed anything. It's the same dang show every year, and I love it for just that reason.

For the uninitiated, here is a handy synopsis of every season of 24 to date:

-Jack Bauer is going through inner turmoil or coming off a terrible experience when the season begins.
-Terrorists strike.
-Jack tries to find them.
-Jack finds them. Commence torture.
-Feds try to stop him.
-Feds can't stop him.
-Kim Bauer shows up. Ugh.
-Someone important dies.
-Jack finally gets the Feds to listen.
-Someone in the Fed/CTU/government is a rat!
-Jack kills the rat.
-Lots of shooting. Good guys win.
-The sun rises with the dawn of a new day. All is well.
-...Or is it?! Dun dun dun.

This season's 24 takes place in my hometown of NYC. (Yes, we are so over LA!) It premieres Sunday, January 17. Jack and Chloe, how I've missed you so!

2 comments:

  1. I like 24. My problem with this show is that I want to watch it all at once. I found I lost interest when watched each week. So what I do usually is recording, and watching it in a two-nights marathon, when the season is over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious. And smart. I don't know that I could do that though--I like my weekly dose of Jack Bauer! Plus, the spoilers...I couldn't handle it. For me, it's must-watch live!

    ReplyDelete