Monday, October 19, 2009

Am I the Only One Skeeved Out By Dexter?

No, I'm not referring to the horrific, bloody goryness that is one of my favorite shows, Dexter. I'm not even referring to the appearance of John Lithgow's naked booty on the season premiere.

I'm talking about actress Jennifer Carpenter and her alter ego, Debra Morgan. Deb Morgan is Dexter's sister. Dexter was adopted by Deb's dad, so there's no blood relation. But in real life, Jennifer Carpenter is married to Michael C. Hall, who plays Dexter. So to sum it up, an onscreen brother and sister is married in real life.

I know, I know. It's just TV. It's FICTION. And actors who work in close proximity tend to get, well, close. And sometimes they hook up. I get that.

But still. I cannot help but be skeeved out every time Deb and Dexter appear in a scene together. All I can think is, You married your brother. And you married your sister.

Ahhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment