Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Call to TV Networks: Spread Out the Good Stuff!

I can't tell you how often I only end up watching one show on a night when there are THREE that I want to watch...except they are all on at the same time.

I know, I know--that's why they invented the DVR box. But most advertisers care only about what's watched LIVE--because then you have no choice but to let their commercials play out.

The best way around this, I believe, is a TV schedule that spreads out all the best shows so that none of them conflict with each other. Keep in mind, this schedule is tailored to my needs, and I'll be the first to admit I watch a lot of crap. But hey, to each his/her own.

Also, I'm only focusing on broadcast TV because I don't have cable.

MONDAY:
8PM: One Tree Hill
9PM: Gossip Girl
10PM: CSI: Miami

TUESDAY:
8PM: The Vampire Diaries
9PM: Melrose Place
10PM: Law & Order: SVU

WEDNESDAY:
8PM: America's Next Top Model
9PM: Glee
10PM: Ugly Betty

THURSDAY:
8PM: Survivor: Samoa
9PM: Grey's Anatomy
10PM: Private Practice

SUNDAY:
730PM: Modern Family
8PM: The Amazing Race
9PM: Desperate Housewives
10PM: FlashForward

As you can see, this wouldn't be a huge adjustment for the networks. I even kept most of the shows in their current time periods. The networks just need to spread the good stuff out a little. Wednesdays at 9PM are currently insane. You have four hit shows all airing together: Modern Family, Glee, Law & Order: SVU, and Criminal Minds. Thursdays at 8PM also presents a conflict for fans of Survivor and FlashForward, not to mention Vampire Diaries and Bones.

It's impossible to watch it all, even on the same night.

Even for TVholics like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment