Monday, February 22, 2010

Lost Progress Report: Season 2.

This weekend, the fiancé and I made it through the second season of Lost, plus four episodes of the third season. As expected, I was completely confuzzled by the end of all this. Where are Eko and Locke? Why did Charlie escape the hatch unscathed? What was that violet sky thing? How is it possible for my head to explode a second time?

One thing that surfaced amid all the chaos was this plot point, which I absolutely loved: that the "protectors of the earth," aka the people who are supposed to type in the code in the hatch, are also responsible for any planes that crash on the island. If someone forgets to type the code in, or types it in too late, the whole island shakes and causes any planes flying overhead to fall from the sky. At least, that's what I think is the theory. I could be completely wrong. I'm no Lostie.

I am now at the point where I gave up the show. Or perhaps I'm just beyond that point. I don't know. The memory's hazy. Sometimes I'll see a scene that I think looks familiar, or I'll suddenly know what happens in a certain scene. Then again, I have been wrong about some things, too. I thought Charlie had died by now. I thought Eko was killed by the smoke monster. I thought Sun had cheated on Jin...no, she was loyal all along...no, she really did cheat.

Yeah. My memory sucks.

But I'm still here. I’m not about to give up on this show a second time. I've got all the episodes downloaded, along with subtitles. There really is no excuse to stop watching. And you know what? I don't want to stop. Because MUCH more than not, I am enjoying this show.

Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment