Monday, February 1, 2010

Taking Back Lost.

I've mentioned in previous posts that I gave up on Lost after season 1, because my head had exploded.

But recently, my fiancé expressed interest in trying out the show. Yes, there is a techie geek out there who has actually not seen an episode of this show. I'll let you sit on that for a moment.

Anyway, he asked if I'd like to watch it with him. And I said yes. I figure, maybe if I sit there and watch all five seasons in a row, I can make sense of it. So we downloaded them, with English subtitles (I need all the help I can get), and started watching last night.

So far, so good. We only got through the pilot, but he seemed to like it. And I was reminded of why I got hooked in the first place. The characters all have compelling backstories. And the crazy monster bellowing in the mountains--how can you not want to know what happens with that?

Lost's sixth and final season premieres tomorrow night. Maybe by the time the finale airs in May, we'll have caught up. And then I can finally finish what I started all those years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment