Wednesday, November 18, 2009

America's Next Top Model: A Farewell to Jennifer

Many people who visit this blog find it by Googling any combination of "America's Next Top Model" and "Jennifer" and "lazy eye." I know this because of Sitemeter, a lovely website that measures my blog's traffic.

I'm still getting people who Google Jennifer, even though she was kicked out a week ago. So, in honor of one of my favorite contestants ever, I will share my thoughts on her elimination:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those of you who cared enough about La Lazy Eye to Google her, I know. I 100% feel your pain. No, it wasn't fair that she didn't make it past this round because of one bad photo. In hindsight, every photo she took featured her with her mouth open like a fish. But still, she was gorgeous, and friendly to ALL the girls, and seemed like an all-around cool chick. Best of all, she could've been the first Asian American winner of Top Model. This was our season, dangit!

By "our" I don't just mean Asian Americans. I also mean short people. Someone pointed out to me recently that runway models do a lot of picture-taking--i.e., posing for magazines and stuff. They're not walking an actual runway all the time. So why do they need to be six feet tall? The answer: They don't.

So this is my plea to you, ANTM: Can we have another short people season? (And by short people I mean regular-sized people?) Because for a change, the girls this season actually looked...normal. Relateable.

Also, how about a spinoff featuring male models? Just a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment