Thursday, November 5, 2009

V: I Changed My Mind. Maybe.

I'm no fool. I'm well aware that I am "missing out" on some of the best shows on TV. Par exemple: Before this weekend's experiment, NCIS had never graced my screen. Nor has CSI. Or 30 Rock.

I am also aware that most of the stuff I love has never--and will never-- crack the top 20 list. (Chuck, I'm sorry, but I speak the truth.)

Now we can add V to the former category. I didn't watch the premiere Tuesday night, but apparently, everyone else did. About 14 million people watched, and that's not including all the people who DVR'd or downloaded it. Even the fiancé downloaded it. I felt sort of betrayed when he told me, because I specifically told him last week "I'm not watching the remake."

Anywho. Now that episode is sitting on his computer, and it's calling to me: "Watch me. Watch me now."

But I'm torn. On the one hand, the show will run just four weeks before disappearing until March. On the other hand, I am now quite curious about it. I mean, what is it about this crazy show that ABC was willing to pollute the whole planet to promote?

Here's what I'll do. If I keep hearing good things about the show, I'll download the rest of the episodes and watch them at the end of February.

I don't get ABC's decision to do this, kill the momentum of a show ON PURPOSE. Your viewers deserve better, ABC.

No comments:

Post a Comment