Friday, November 13, 2009

Memo to ABC: It's Almost 2010.

ABC wants to remake Charlie's Angels. Why?

Remakes, as I've blogged about, rarely work in the 21st century. Because this is the 21st century. Not 1976!

I'm trying to picture what a Charlie's Angels update would look like. Corny theme song. Farrah Fawcett hair. Jumpsuits. (Did they wear jumpsuits in the '70s? I have no idea.) Yes, I saw the Drew Barrymore movie version. It was good for what it was and no more. I can't see a network stretching it out into 13 episodes.

And while we're on the topic, let's face it: Outside of Desperate Housewives, women trios/foursomes just don't work. On any network. Lipstick Jungle: Canceled. Eastwick: Canceled. Cashmere Mafia: Canceled. Women's Murder Club: Canceled.

Does ABC think 726967th time's the charm?

No comments:

Post a Comment