Monday, September 28, 2009

My FlashForward Verdict: I Like It. I Really, Really Like It!

First of all, I want to say: Holy way to end an episode, Batman!

Let's rewind. There were many things to like about this show (at least, the pilot). First and foremost, John Cho kicking butt. I loved seeing him as a tough FBI agent. I loved his acting-when he revealed that he did not see a vision, the devastation was evident on his face. But then he put his own fate (or lack thereof) aside to help with the mission. John Cho, you should be leading this cast, not supporting it.

The different visions are all interesting. There's a guy whose wife died in Afghanistan who saw his wife alive in his vision. The lead character's wife, Olivia, saw herself with another man (who we find out is the father of one of her patients). One guy saw himself at a meeting with another woman, so he called her up, and sure enough, she had a vision of the meeting, too. Very cool concept. I've always wondered if, when I dream about people, they dream the same dream about me, too.

Something funny I saw-one of the buses in the background had a Desperate Housewives ad along the side. Oh, ABC, you so devious!

Also, Charlie's babysitter was none other than Don Draper's former assistant and Roger Sterling's wife on Mad Men.

At the end of the episode, one of the FBI women has found something incredible in the footage she's been perusing of the blackouts around the world. At a Detroit Tigers' baseball game, while the whole stadium is conked out, a lone person wearing all black is creeping through the crowd. I nearly fell off my seat when I saw that. And in that moment, I knew that I'd be watching this show next week, and the week after. I. Was. Hooked.

ABC, you might just have yourself a new hit drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment